16 October, 2013

Concrete Flatwork

I have been doing concrete flatwork for businesses and small sidejobs. I would like to get licensed and bonded to go into business on my own. I have well over 20 years experience. From what I can tell… Take the contractor's licensing exam for your State. Obtain a local business license. As for the bonding, forget it. Just get contractor's general liability insurance. Stay away from projects requiring performance bonds. They are very difficult and expensive for a start-up business to get, and the bonding companies will want to tie up all your assets. You may need to use these assets as collateral to help finance your business, why assign them to a bonding company? Anyway, if you're making money doing this side work, when you start your company stick to the same type projects for a few years.

A sample of a of the stamped and decorative concrete we have done over the last 3 years. Van Ess Concrete Flatwork LLC. Luxemburg, WI. 54217.

About The Author


1 Comment

  1. Mrs Baghwan350 October 15, 2013 at 12:40 am #
    You have to go to your county offices (or town hall if they're incorporated) and take a test, get your license, and then insured, they'll tell you how to become bonded