1 December, 2013

Journeyman Plumber

I am not a professional. . Just retail work experience. My husband has been a journeyman plumber for over 20 years. We are interested in moving to Australia for at least a couple of years. Any information on whether that would be possible or not? How long might it take to go through the process of obtaining visas? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you. What I found out was – Most work visas are issued for areas of skills shortages. Your husband may qualify for that type of visa – if he applies for jobs in Australia where the employer has not been able to get a suitable local applicant then the employer could sponsor you and your husband to come. You would probably not be able to live in Brisbane/Sydney or Melbourne – but smaller regional centres, Darwin(particularly the mines or oil rigs out of Darwin). It would be worth your while to check with the department of immigration – I am sorry I don't know their website. When I completed the paperwork for an employee I had no problems and the visa took a couple of months from memory.

About The Author


1 Comment

  1. Daytona Robot November 29, 2013 at 12:56 am #
    I believe it is pretty difficult. There is a reciprocal scheme between Canada and Australia that allows 1 year work visas but I think it is restricted to people under27. I suggest you have a look at this site. It will have a lot more information.