30 January, 2014

Pipes And Pipe Fittings

In America these are all over the place, but I can't find them in the UK. It's PVC pipe and fittings, similar to waste water pipes that connect using solvent weld joints. However there are no markings on the outside of the pipes, and there is a larger range of fittings with 3 or four connectors in one for making corners etc. Used in america for making garden furniture and so on. I cannot find it in the UK, any one seen it? NOTE: "In the UK", flexPvc is american site, but thanks anyway. Basically… There is one company in the UK that sells Formufit products, I think it's call Lantropipe, but they are out of Spain. Otherwise, Formufit and others do ship to the UK, bit it is expensive.

About The Author


1 Comment

  1. A. January 29, 2014 at 12:45 am #
    I live in the USA and I do lots of DIY stuff with PVC pipe, but I've never seen any without markings on the outside. If you say it exists, I believe you, though. Any PVC pipe can (and should) be joined with solvent welds. The PVC furniture I've seen was just made with regular plumbing pipe (probably 3/4 inch or 1 inch pipe). I didn't notice if it had the usual printing on the outside of the pipe. If you can't find the kind you want, you can always spray-paint your pipes, I suppose.